Description Hide Description- Show Description+
FREE SHIPPING IS AVAILABLE FOR THIS ITEM!
Learn to Needle Felt with the Best Tools!
Needle felting is an exciting new art form that can be learned by anyone! Experienced needle felters learn the importance of quality tools. This kit is specially created with the finest tools to make needle felting a positive experience from the beginning.
- FELTING NEEDLES - 15 precision felting needles, color coded, with a metal storage case for safety. Five each: 36 gauge Star, 38 gauge Star, and 40 gauge Spiral/Twist. Made by Groz-Beckert of Germany.
- FELTING CUSHION - 100% pure wool, size 5"x6"x1”, made in USA.
- FINGER GUARDS - 2 leather finger guards.
- TUTORIAL, TIPS AND TECHNIQUES - Easy to follow instructions on the basics of needle felting.
- AGES 10 to ADULT - Recommended for ages 10 and up, because the needles are very sharp.
A Basic Kit of Essential Tools Used by Experienced Needle Felters
This kit is recommended for those who want to learn the craft of needle felting and are confused with where to begin. Created by our team of experienced needle felters, this kit includes the best of the essential tools needed to start you on your way to creating amazing works of art.
- Felting cushions are commonly made of foam, which are often made of harsh chemicals. Felting cushions from Desert Breeze Distributing are made of 100% pure and natural sheep wool.
- Precision needles are important for success in needle felting. Felting needles have tiny barbs going in one direction that catch the scales of the wool fibers and lock them together. When a needle is rough and the barbs are not well defined, the felting process can be erratic and leave a rough surface. The needles in this kit are made of high-carbon steel and offer precise control of the felting process. See the needle comparison image below to show a magnified view of the difference between a cheap needle and our precision needle. The top needle is the Groz-Beckert needle, the bottom is the cheap needle.