Description Hide Description- Show Description+
- The PWC hairbrush is a full size brush that is 2.5" wide (brush area) x 9" (total length) and is pure 1st cut boar bristles combined with rounded nylon pins, set into a rubber cushion with a pear wood handle.
- Specially made for those with medium to thick hair who want the benefits of boar bristle brushing.
- The wood has an engraved image of the butterfly - a symbol of the gentle and transforming powers of nature.
- Crafted in Germany's Black Forest at a family shop that's been making high quality hairbrushes for over 100 years
- Natural boar bristles are similar in structure to human hair, so are not anti-static. If static control is needed, smooth hair with palm of hand after each brush stroke or apply a small amount of a leave-in conditioner to hair before brushing.
Long ago in Germany's Black Forest - home to folklore and fairytales - a brush maker began crafting the world's finest brushes. Today, his family legacy continues in the same German village it began, under the timeless watch of the Black Forest. The family's dedication to quality has never wavered. Their selection and processing of locally grown wood for the brush handles, precision cutting of the bristles, to the completion of the final product, generations of pride are evident in every brush.
The Boar Bristles
At the extreme elevations of the rugged Tibet Plateau in western China, small family farms raise a special type of wild boar. It is at these high altitudes the boars grow firm, strong bristles. The boars are raised for their meat, but the bristles are saved for the merchant who travels from farm to farm to purchase them. It is these unique boar bristles, which come from the boar's neck area, that are the most desirable for a high-quality brush. The structure of the boar bristle is very similar to human hair. Quality boar bristles absorb oils from the scalp, and when the hair is brushed, this oil is transferred down the hair shaft creating a natural sheen and nourishment for the hair.
The Nylon Pins
The pins have been carefully made to have a smoothly contoured, rounded tip, which gently stimulate and massage the scalp without sharp points or abrasive edges. Made of high quality heat resistant nylon, these pins can withstand temps of up to 200°C (392°F), so can be used for normal blow drying and styling. Nylon pins combine with pure boar bristles to gently penetrate through hair to the scalp, providing thick hair the benefits of boar bristle brushing. By massaging the scalp and stimulating circulation at the roots, regular brushing promotes healthy hair growth.
Another high quality product from Desert Breeze Distributing - a name you can trust.
*Please note: Our hair brushes are guaranteed to be hygienic, in factory new condition, and completely unused. For this reason, returns on hair brushes are not accepted for any reason. If you have any questions or concerns before purchase, please contact us directly and we'll be happy to help you choose the best brush for your hair type.