Description Hide Description- Show Description+
We've tried them all! And we've learned that pet brushes are NOT made for sheepskin.
Here at Desert Breeze Distributing, we have years of experience brushing out sheepskin. We have learned the hard way that not all brushes are the same, and some can even damage sheepskin. A dog slicker brush is for dogs, and a carding brush is for preparing loose wool for spinning. Neither are made for sheepskin. Wire thickness and length, density, curve and shape of the cushion are all important factors. We could not find such a brush, so we had one custom made, and it's perfect for sheepskin.
- WOOD HANDLE with RUBBER GRIP - provides a solid, wide grip while brushing sheepskin.
- EXTRA LONG, FINE GAUGE STEEL PINS - gently reaches deep into dense wool, separating fibers and removing debris, and does so gently and without tearing.
- WIDE SPACING - effective at brushing sheepskin without shredding it. Most slicker brushes are made for deshedding dogs, not for brushing sheepskin.
- FLEXIBLE CUSHION - provides the right amount of flex to be gentle, yet effective.
- BRUSH AREA 2" x 4.25" - an optimal size for brushing any size rug, pillow, etc., without undue physical strain.