Description Hide Description- Show Description+
100% Natural Sheep Wool Needle Felting Pad - for precision felting
This pad is made from natural, un-dyed sheep wool. It is specially felted by machine using heat and moisture for the perfect density for use in precision needle felting. This process results in a consistent, workable surface area, and aids in the prevention of over insertion of the needle into the pad during felting. When softer surfaces are used, the needle carries the fibers deep into the pad, fastening the project to the work surface. The densely felted fibers of this pad helps prevent this.
- 10" x 8" x 1" workspace to accommodate any felting project.
- 100% natural, un-dyed, pure wool felt. The sheep wool is sourced from Central America. Color is a neutral gray, but as this is a natural product, color may vary slightly from what is pictured.
- This pad has been wet felted by machine using heat, moisture and pressure. This process ensures the perfect density and durability required in a felting pad.
- The density of this pad helps to prevent the deep embedding of fibers better than softer felting pads, burlap bags, or foam cushions.
- FREE USA SHIPPING IS AVAILABLE FOR ORDERS OVER $25
Gently press the needle through your project and stop when you feel the needle touch the pad.
Please note: Working with this pad will feel different than most other needle felting pads on the market. The density of this pad is what helps prevent the needle from carrying the wool too deeply into the pad.
The felted wool surface of this pad allows the tip of the needle to enter, but slows the needle down as the barbs reach the surface of the pad.
A light touch is all that is needed for a smooth, tight, precision felted finish.